Obtaining a Licence for the first time in Nigeria requires following the steps below:
1. Attend training at an accredited driving school.
2. The driving school will then present you to the to Vehicle Inspection Officer (VIO) for a driving test.
3. Pass the driving test and obtain a certificate of proficiency from the VIO.
4. Complete the driver’s licence application form at the Driver’s Licence Centre (DLC).
5. Pay the licence fee online or at the Bank.
6. Present your application form to the Board of Internal Revenue (BIR) Officer and VIO at the DLC for endorsement.
7. Proceed to the FRSC Officer at the DLC for biometric data capture.
8. Obtain a temporary driver’s licence valid for 60 days.
9. Pick up original driver’s licence at the BIR Office after 60 days.